This week’s theme: 4th of July! Since my birthday happens to be the 4th of July, I’m choosing 5 things related to my birthday and the 4th of July!
1. MY BIRTHDAY! Well, duh, this is of course the first thing I think of when someone says 4th of July. Yes, I share a birthday with our fabulous country. It’s a fun birthday. I never have to work, everyone is always doing something fun like swimming or BBQing, and what better way to celebrate than fireworks?!? I know you’re all jealous of my awesome birthday.
2. Flag cakes! Every year growing up, my mom would always ask what kind of birthday cake I wanted and I would always say, “A flag cake!” How could you go wrong with this?
(My mom is pretty talented, huh?)
3. Sparklers! Since I have such a super cool birthday, one year I asked for sparklers on my cake instead of candles. It was really awesome. My husband even put them on my cake one year after we were married. It was so fun!
4. Fun summer cocktails! I’m more of a beer/wine girl, but when summer rolls around, I’m always up for some fun poolside cocktails. Here’s one my friend Suzie made for my birthday years ago:
5. Flags! Well, not really, but I wanted to use this picture too.
(Wow I look seriously awkward in this picture.)
So, there you have it. Five things about my 4th of July birthday! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. What will you be doing to celebrate?
Also, today is the last day to enter my Fellow Flowers giveaway. Ends tonight at midnight!