Today myself and my fellow Vegas blogging mom Christin from That’s What She Said! are branching out and joining the Friday Five link up from the DC Trifecta (Eat Pray Run, DC, You Signed Up For What?!, and Mar on the Run!).
Each week these fun ladies come up with a theme and we choose five things to write about it. This week’s theme is Five Things About You. So here it goes!
1. I don’ have a junk drawer. I’m a bit on the OCD side, so there is not one single spot in my house that is not organized (even in my kids’ playroom).
2. I don’t like to drink cold water. Room temp for me please!
3. When I was 15, my mom sent me on a church camping trip where we were mimicking the lives of pioneers. We had to pull our own wagon (that we first had to build) for like 10 miles up into the mountains with no food and hardly any water. Once we got to our camping spot, they put us all in a field, released about 20 live chickens and said, “There’s your dinner, go get it.” To be fair, I don’t think my mom knew exactly what the trip would entail, but I can tell you, it was horrific. This is seriously what it was like:
4. My husband and I had our wedding in a casino on the Las Vegas Strip, because that’s how we roll.
5. I am very clumsy. I once cut my finger open with a butter knife and had to get 5 stitches. I also slipped and fell in my garage, broke my arm in 3 different places and had to have surgery to have a metal plate and 8 screws put in.
So there you have it! My first Friday Five Link Up! I’m so excited to be joining in on the fun! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! And, just or fun, did your parents ever send you on any horrific trips as a kid?